Live. Train. Remain.
NC Tech Paths Value Propositions
To solve a career objective for the emerging and existing workforce – accessing high-growth, high-pay jobs
To solve a community economic development objective of Northwest NC – revitalizing the local economy and downtowns
To solve a social imperative – bridging demographic inequities, including the rural-urban divide, that limit inclusiveness in the digital economy
Why Northwest NC?
- World-Class Broadband: The region boasts gig-capable fiberoptic internet access to almost 90% of residences, meaning it has the strongest internet in North Carolina
- Versatile Talent: A network of training and education providers offers a diverse portfolio of tech specializations to match employer needs
- Labor Shed: The commutable radius around NC Tech Paths includes over 550,000 residents, with VA and TN border counties adding another 200,000 residents
- Quality of Life: In the post-pandemic world, top talent may be reluctant to relocate or slog through the urban commute – allowing employees to live in the Blue Ridge Mountains gives employers a leg up in the talent war
- Social Impact: Our state and nation have been plagued by a rural-urban divide – employers have an opportunity to bridge that divide by growing their rural tech workforce
Bridging the rural-urban divide in the digital economy requires optimizing four key components.
A birth-to-career educational pipeline and adult reskilling portfolio to prepare, mentor, and connect a new generation of rural tech talent.
A national network of employer partners to shape curricula, promote careers, and hire remote employees out of NC Tech Paths partner programs.
Remote Tech Outposts with walkability to local coffee shops to provide low-cost satellite “outposts” for remote employees, freelancers, and entrepreneurs.
Accelerator-style training, capital, and mentoring for tech entrepreneurs looking to start, grow, or IPO their tech venture.